Friday 2 June 2017

Melbourne



Last week I was in Melbourne for the National Gymnastics Championships - my eldest son Hugo competed in Level 8 Under 14. Hugo did well and his team won gold, so he was very happy.



I stayed in South Yarra and spent quite a bit of time photographing the beautiful art deco buildings in this suburb:





More photos of these buildings on my photo blog.



I wouldn't normally go to McDonald's without the kids, but I took the bus to Clifton Hill to have lunch here. Isn't this building fabulous!



Afterwards when waiting to cross the road these two beauties passed by!



Of course I had to quickly check out the street art in AC/DC Lane and Hosier Lane:



More street art pics here on the photo blog.



I also found a yarn shop: Morris & Sons in Collins Street.



I bought some self-striping sock yarn and a beautiful screen-printed project bag:



I spent a lovely day with a Dutch friend and her little boy in St Kilda - more art deco, and, of course, the Luna Park:





This was my sixth visit to Melbourne - how come I never noticed the building with the café wall illusion before?



A few years ago, when I made my optical illusion quilts, I planned to make a café wall quilt. It didn't happen and now it probably never will... I would like to make an art deco quilt though!

No comments: